You are here:
Herne CE Juniors follow a progressive scheme of work used by other local schools. Although the sports partnership was halted a number of years ago now, our local primaries work closely with Herne Bay High to develop schemes such as this. It was bought as part of the ‘Enhanced Package’ purchased by our school and funded by the Sports Premium.
Units of work firstly teach individual skills, such as throwing, catching, bowling and rolling. Next children apply these skills in small game situations or short sequence. Finally children have the opportunity to perform these skills as part of a sequence or tactic within a game or performance.
All through lessons children are encouraged to consider why exercise is a necessity of everyday life and to evaluate their own and others performances.
– The weekly requirement for PE is 2hours per week.
– OAA – Outdoor adventure activity. Each OAA must be 2 hours in total. This could be one 2hour lesson in the term or 2 x 1 hour lessons in the term.
– Term 6 Week 7 swimming will be a free fun session for all children who achieve 100% attendance for the year.
– Assessment data, one dance, one gymnastics, one games and one athletics assessment per year.
– All hockey is delivered by Jolyon Marks (HB hockey club specialist coach)